Friday, June 27, 2014

Entering Fathers Name in Birth Certificate

Q:  Hi i am sheraz from Pakistan my wife gave birth to my daughter in NY.She did not entered my name in the father's name column all i want to ask 
1.What i have to do to enter my name in the birth certificate which is issued in New York.As my wife and me are now separated so need advice?
2. Can i enter my name through US Embassy in Pakistan.
3.And how to approach the US Embassy for the same.

A:  David's Answer:  You would need to file a paternity petition with the Family Court in the county where the mother resides with the child. Call a Family Law attorney in that county to schedule a phone consult regarding same.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment