Saturday, June 7, 2014

Can I be kicked out of my dad's house if I do not pay rent and have not been served an eviction notice?

Q:  I am 20 years old living with my dad and he has threatened to kick me out of the house in 3 days. I have not been served an eviction notice and can prove that I have lived in the house for months. Can I be forced to leave? Also, if I leave the house and the door is locked, but I enter using my keys, can I be charged with trespassing if the police are called?


A:  David's Answer:  I am 20 years old living with my dad and he has threatened to kick me out of the house in 3 days. I have not been served an eviction notice and can prove that I have lived in the house for months. Can I be forced to leave? Also, if I leave the house and the door is locked, but I enter using my keys, can I be charged with trespassing if the police are called?  -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment