Saturday, October 26, 2013

NYS , my son ( 16 ) and I would like to request a new law guardian in his PINS case . How can we do this ?

Q:  I am the PINS filer against my son . Despite that , I agree that he should request a new Law Guardian . Our 1st court date , he was a no show . Another attorney stood in for him . In between the 1st and 2nd court dates , I made several calls to his office to setup a meeting with him or talk over the phone . I always had to leave a message , with no reply . They office suggested scheduling an appt , about 1 / 2 hour away . We have lost lots of time from work and school . I had been informed they would accommodate the child's schedule . So I requested they meet at his school . They never got back to me about that . At the 2nd date , he approached us with less than 5 min before we were called in . How can he serve my son's best interests if he doesn't know my son ?

A:  David's Answer:  Since he is your son's attorney, your son would need to make that request on the next court date of the Judge. That said, it is rare such attorneys would come to the child's home or school in order to interview the child - usually such interviews are done in the attorney's office. In any event, feel free to contact a Dutchess/Westchester Co. Family Law attorney to schedule a consultation should you have any follow-up questions.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment