Saturday, October 19, 2013

If you filed for your spouse to come to the US and they got green card. But once in US you felt they defrauded you.

Q:  What can you do? We got married in 2006. I lived in Nigeria with him for 2 yrs. But I came back for school. He came here in May 2013 and showed me a different person. He has already moved out and changed his address. I have not had any contact with him in 2 months. What can I do to get his green card taken away because I was honestly defrauded my this man. Or what are my other options?
Can I get this marriage annulled we do not have any children together or do I have to get a divorce

A:  David's Answer:  It is possible to get the marriage annulled, but you need to plead & prove fraud (i.e., there were certain promises made to induce you into marrying him which turned out to be false). But yes, you may otherwise file for divorce based on "no-fault" grounds. Schedule a consultation with a Westchester Divorce Law attorney for a full assessment.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment