Saturday, October 5, 2013

My live in partner has hit me, twisted my leg Im afraid to report him b/c he is illegal and if he is deported he will kill me.

Q: I live in Westchester county new york, my partner lives with me he is from Ecuador. he does not work and is backed in child support with ex.

A: I recognize your concern & would mildly disagree with the suggestion that if he's deported, you're no longer in danger. If he entered illegally once, then he can do so again. As such, you should strongly consider not only reporting him to the police & filing for an order of protection, but also requesting Domestic Violence assistance (which may include help with relocating) from an agency such as Hope's Door or My Sister's Place.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment