Saturday, October 5, 2013

My wife lied and applied for a restraining order, I have a hearing on Wednesday in Putnam Family Court - is it possible to:

Q:  Obviously, they issued a TRO, I want to block or eliminate the restraining order from being issued on a temporary or permanent basis.

This is simply a ploy (she was coached by someone in law enforcement) to get me out of the house so that she will be in possession. I work in a law firm and have attorneys who would gladly go with me to court - family law is not what we do and I don't want to spend the next 2 days researching Lexis for answers - Bottom Line is that I want to vigorously defend myself against this unbelievably vicious and unfair manipulation of the legal system just to gain the upper hand in a divorce case.

I am looking for someone who is in family court in Putnam County on a VERY REGULAR BASIS - preferably with a law enforcement background, affiliations or relationships.

A:  David's Answer:  This site cannot make direct referrals. That said, you'd be best advised to file an order to show cause to vacate the TRO. You're also best advised to schedule a consultation with a Putnum/Westchester Family Law attorney.   --  David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment