Sunday, August 11, 2013

What is the required time-frame to provided my wife's attorney with a Demand for Net Worth Statement in a divorce action?

Q: I am a defendant in a divorce action in Westchester County, New York. The Demands specifically states 20 days. I am concerned because the initial demand for the Answer to the filed complaint also indicated 20 days but later discovered that the legal time-frame to file was 40 days. Also note that a date for a Preliminary Conference has been set.


A: Per court rules, the net worth statement should generally be filed and served 10 days prior to the Preliminary Conference. That said, you should strongly consider having a consultation with a matrimonial attorney - I have an office in White Plains & would be happy to meet with you at a free initial consultation (my number is 914-468-0968).  -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment