Sunday, August 4, 2013

Ny daughter told her teachers that my husband her father phyiscally and sexually abused her. She is 14 years old twin.

Q:  I have been married 23 years and never would support a man like c that. Cps is pushing me to get some custody so u have to go tomorrow. My daughter has had many mentally issued since then and was admitted to a mental hospital along with out patient services. Her twin sister backs up my husband 100 percent. My other daughter has agreed to let her dad home and we all agreed after ind. Therapy, family therapy and for any therapy till she feels comfortable. I husband has been out of the house for over six weeks now and has server panik attacks. He is starting therapy tomorrow. My question we are working on becoming a family again. It will be a different family especially since my daughter has admitted to hating her da d. And v that I don't deserve s man like that in my life. Help


A: David's Answer: I would disagree that you "shouldn't go to the courts." If CPS is advising you to file for custody, you should not conclude that it's best to disregard their recommendation, especially without sitting down with a Family Law attorney in your area & having a full assessment of the situation. In some cases CPS does more harm than good, but one cannot paint with so broad a brush as to believe they never actually help the situation either. Thus, schedule a consultation with a Child Abuse defense attorney in your area for a full assessment. --  David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment