Wednesday, August 28, 2013

My brother is trying to make my neice go live with her mother but she does not get along with her at all she is 16 years old and

Q:  my brother is trying to make my neice go live with her mother but she does not get along with her at all she is 16 years old and loves living with her dad but her father my brother is says her mother could raise her better to be a lady can my niece refuse to go live with her mother and keep staying with her dad my brother even if he doesn't want her to?


A:  David's Answer:  Ultimately until she is 18 she must live pursuant to her parent's rules. As such, if her father wants her to live with her mother, there's not a lot she can do to "object." It may be suggested that they have some family counseling if the problems are that serious. -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment