Saturday, July 20, 2013

Non Custodial Summer Vacation and Summer Camp

Q:  My ex is entitled to a week long vacation during a time the summer break from school. I would prefer that my ex not take our kids on vacation when they are in camp. The order only states he is allowed one week during a period during the kids' summer break from school. Can I deny my ex's vacation if he chooses a week that the kids are in summer camp? If I do, is that considered a violation? Is summer camp considered day care or an extra curricular activity? Is there any way to have camp supersede his vacation? Thank you.


A:  David's Answer:  Communicate with your ex first & see if there's any reason why he can't pick another week. Ultimately I cannot advise to deviate from the order, though your remedy is to file a petition for modification & see what the Judge says about it.   -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment