Saturday, July 6, 2013

CPS - Indicted I was investigated by CPS on allegations of abuse by my wife that she initiated a couple of weeks after I vacated

Q: the marital residence on 9/09. After having met with the caseworker on two occasions I was told by said CW that the report was unfounded. In the interim a divorce petition was filed (judgment granted in 2011). I was never notified in writing by SS that I was subject of an invest, or the determination. I was only orally informed at my last meeting with the caseworker. this was never an issue with custody, etc., until I submitted to a background invest for a job with children, and was informed of an indicated report. The evidence in the report was inconsistent, and aside from the allegations spotty. I am facing an administrative hearing in August. Do I have a leg to stand on?


A: You should certainly schedule a consultation to review the facts of your case. I am a former child welfare attorney & am in a good position to answer your questions.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment