Assuming the allegations are that your child's father engaged in domestic violence towards you, then CPS is advising you to file for an order of protection. As to whether there's a risk of "losing your child," or a neglect case being filed, takes more of the background being provided. I encourage you to schedule a consultation with a Westchester Family Law attorney for a full assessment.   -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (