Tuesday, July 2, 2013

My wife lied and applied for a restraining order, I have a hearing on Wednesday in Family Court - is it possible to:

Q: Obviously, they issued a TRO, I want to block or eliminate the restraining order from being issued on a temporary or permanent basis.  This is simply a ploy (she was coached by someone in law enforcement) to get me out of the house so that she will be in possession. I work in a law firm and have attorneys who would gladly go with me to court - family law is not what we do and I don't want to spend the next 2 days researching Lexis for answers - Bottom Line is that I want to vigorously defend myself against this unbelievably vicious and unfair manipulation of the legal system just to gain the upper hand in a divorce case.


A: David's Answer: This site cannot make direct referrals. That said, you'd be best advised to file an order to show cause to vacate the TRO.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law lawyer (www.blivenlaw.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment