Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Questioning grandparents rights

Q:  I am questioning the rights as a grandmother for my 5 month old granddaughter. My daughter was abused by her baby's dad while holding the baby in her arms. He was arrested and she has an order of protection against him. They are due in court for domestic abuse and child custody. My daughter decided to violate court orders and left with the baby to his home. Now I am worried for my grandaughter's well being. What steps can I take to avoid the parents not allowing my granddaughter to be a part of our life? 

David Bliven’s answer: First, if that is your concern, you should consider filing a Petition in Family Court seeking either custody for yourself, or alternatively visitation. What you choose & how to strategize your case is best dealt with at a consultation with a Westchester Family Law attorney.

No comments:

Post a Comment