Friday, November 16, 2012

How can I make the steps to get physical custody of my children?

Q: I have had joint of my children for the past three years... I am the non custodial parent ... I have consistently visited with them on a biweekly basis, holidays, and summer vacations. Last month I learned from the children that they are no longer living with their father.. they stay with their grandparents 100% of the time..when they are not with me. The father visits them daily by picking them up for school and dropping them off ..and occasional dinners. What are the first steps I should take to get them back. (By the way I didn't lose custody of them due to negligence at all). 

David’s answer: First, you need to immediately file a modification petition. You should not let the issue linger, or else it will grow stale & the Judge will wonder why you sat on your rights. Second, you should try to get some kind of confirmation from either the father or the grandfather of what the situation is.  -- David Bliven 

No comments:

Post a Comment