Monday, November 19, 2012

I was just layed off, how do i go about reducing my child support payment?:

Q: what ill b getting from unemployment is 1/3 of what u used to make. the children im paying child support for are 20 years old. i have 10 and a 11 years old with my wife. i cant afford to payment that much. im currently payin $250.00 oer week.
Asked 2 days ago in Family

David’s answer: You need to file a downward modification petition. In Westchester that's done at SCU, 100 E. 1st St., Mt Vernon. You also need to conduct a "diligent search" to find another job & document that job search in a job search diary.  --  David Bliven

No comments:

Post a Comment