Wednesday, November 14, 2012

It is written in my husband's divorce papers that his ex wife will receive part of his pension. Will she? How much?

Q: She is remarried.

A: David Bliven's Answer: That depends on what you're looking at when you're referring to "papers." Are you looking at the divorce judgment or a separation agreement or something else? The amount (or rather percentage) should have been specified in a document like that. Moreover, a Qualified Domestic Relations Order will need to be prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment