Monday, March 30, 2015

My 16yr old son is in special ed with executive functioning disorder. He was tattooed at a licensed parlor without my consent.

Q: I left my son and 16yr nephew, who Iam his legal guardian, at his dads house over the weekend. My brothers girl friend took both boys for tattoo's without calling and asking for my permission. I'm devastated. My son is immature and did not know the risks. I'm taking him to his doctor to be tested for HIV and hep c. My son wanted to be a police officer and has now it will effect his future earnings. HELP

David's Answer: Assuming you have sole or primary residential custody, this would appear to be a violation of the order. You can file an enforcement petition, with the Judge then deciding what sanctions to level at the father (in addition to assessing him with any costs of the tattoo's removal). -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment