You can commence an adoption proceeding, and then have the biological father execute a surrender of his parental rights. If the father isn't exercising any visitation, then even if he didn't cooperate you'd still likely be able to prove he legally abandoned the child. Call an Orange/Westchester family Law attorney to schedule a consult.    -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (