Friday, September 26, 2014

I have no support order from the past to pay such money,now they want it and back dated for the past two years.can they?

Q:haven't had her in two years,me and my wife went are own ways and we all said it would be best for her to live ex mother in law due to we could not take care of her,and they said no money is excepted from me or my wife that they will pay for all and anything she will need.they are doing this due to the fact that i'm taking my wife to court for visitation of our son,and that came to me in a text message.they want it back dated for the past two years.can they go that far back?

A: David's Answer: If there is no child support order or enforceable agreement, then support is generally only retroactive to the date of the application. That said, you should figure out what you may owe & start making payments now. - David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment