Tuesday, September 16, 2014

I am five months pregnant with my fiancés child and I am not quite sure that things are going to work out

Q: My fiancé is recently divorced with two children and is already working a ridiculous amount just to be able to pay his ex wife what she is getting for child support. I know that he will have no time to take care of a new born due to his work schedule. Is there any way that I can obtain soul custody of my child and does the fact that we aren't married help my case?

A: David's Answer: Once the child is born & you have separated form your fiancé, then you can file for custody in Family Court. Whether you are married or not doesn't affect the analysis regarding custody, however. - David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment