Sunday, September 7, 2014

If my ex goes back to his home country the Caribbean islands does he still have to pay child support and can I remove his rights

Q: we have gotten a divorce and things are not working for him he has visitation but I don't want my kids to deal with him. he has not paid me in four months and I have him on collection for back payments I believe he is goin to try an just go back home. if he does can I still fight for child support or can I have his rights removed when he is gone.

A: David's Answer: Yes, most countries will honor U.S. support orders, but you'll need to verify this by consulting a Family Law attorney in that country. For instance, you may need to register the order for enforcement purposes in that country. You would not, however, be able to "terminate his rights" outside of the context of an adoption proceeding. - David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment