Sunday, September 7, 2014

Can I make a motion about my ex's refusal to split dental expenses although it's in our divorce agreement ---even though......

Q: Even though it goes back a couple of years? I just found the clause in our agreement that confirms my ex should split that with me. If it's not too late to pursue this, what would the motion be called?

A: David's Answer: I'd first advise to send a default notice letter, attaching the bills & proof of any payment, to him via certified mail, return receipt (indeed, you agreement, perhaps in a later section, probably requires same). Then you can either file a contempt motion in Supreme or a violation petition in Family Court. - David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment