Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Hello, my daughter's father been absent for more than 3 years, no cs been paid nor visitation.can the court take his rights

Q:  i been filing petition for violation of cs this year and it been a lost. my husband want to adopt her as well, do we we need the bio-father sign a consent form or can we try with the court knowing that he been more tun 3 years absent volunteer with no payment of cs

A:  David's Answer:  If the father has not visited the child in 3 years, most likely the adoption court will find that he legally abandoned the child & will allow the adoption to proceed with or without his consent. Schedule a consultation with a NYC/Westchester Family Law attorney for a full assessment.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment