Thursday, September 27, 2012

I have an order of protection from my ex-husband and he got suspended from work and is seeking repayment of support from me.

Q: what should I do, we have to go to court soon. Do I need to have a lawyer present?

David Bliven’s answer: As a general rule, overpayment of child support is non-refundable. As to whether he would be entitled to a modification is another question altogether & may be dependent on the reasons why he got suspended.

No comments:

Post a Comment