Saturday, September 8, 2012

Can i file for sole custody?

Q: My daughter is 7yrs old i i came from new york to spain we live here nowshe goesto school here her daddy has custody but he asked me to keep hercause he was going to seat and do federal time now hes release and on probation till 2014, and my daugther its doing great here in school even got a scholarship, i wanna go back to ny and file for sole custody. what are my chances?

David Bliven’s answer: One would think that if the child's been living with you for more than a couple of years (though this is unclear from your posting) then you'd stand a good shot of getting custody. I would nonetheless advise that you contact a Family Law attorney for a consultation.

No comments:

Post a Comment