Wednesday, September 5, 2012

How to defend yourself in court against a Order of Protection

Q: My wife has call the police three times to our house claiming harressment and abuse. She said that she has documented evidence, however these are made up charges which have been blown out of proportion. She is trying to get custody of our young child and the house and have been telling people this for a long time, ( Her name is not included on the mortgage). After the last claim she went and fild for an Order of Protection. I am due in court tomorrow. How should I best represent myself?

David Bliven’s answer: I think the best thing you can possibly do is to schedule a consultation with an attorney. Thus, you should request an adjournment of the Judge in order to consult with and/or hire an attorney.

No comments:

Post a Comment