Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Parental obligations?

Q:  do i have to pay child support if we agreed to have and abortion or put the baby up for adoption and she reneged?

A:  Assuming the baby was born & you're the father, the answer is yes. Such "out-of-court" agreements are not binding. If she's suing you for support now, or threatening to, you're best advised to schedule a consultation with a White Plains Child Support attorney.   -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment