Saturday, May 18, 2013

Can I report this incident to the police or is this too late?

Q: While driving in a vehicle on a highway, husband and I were having a disagreement. Daughter was in child car seat in back. Husband was in back seat behind me. He opened the door while vehicle was in motion at highway speed on a highway. He did this twice a year ago on two separate occasions. If I reported this incident, would they file a report. Would an arrest be made? What would happen?

A: David's Answer: It is hard to say whether the police would arrest him, but your instinct to report it is sound. If he's irrational enough to do that, what else is he capable of doing? You should consider filing for divorce and/or an order of protection. -- David Bliven, Westchester Divorce/Family law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment