Tuesday, May 21, 2013

How do I get a lawyer to represent me in family court with no retainer and fight for my ex spouse to pay for his/her fee?

Q:  He us also deducting $300 monthly from the child support to pay for my kids health insurance. This is not court ordered support. I fueled petition with OC court and the day of court he filed in Yonkers court for visitation... even though he never shows up anyway

A:  David's Answer:  If you qualify, the court may assign you a free lawyer. If you're looking to hire a private attorney, most will require some kind of retainer to start off with, depending on your ability to pay, the complexity of the case as well as the perceived likelihood the court will order the father to pay counsel fees. Thus, you should shop around & schedule consultations with Westchester Family Law attorneys.   -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment