Saturday, January 24, 2015

Is it considered child abondment if married but seperated that a mother would go out of town for 1 week and have the father of t

Q:  mother went out of town to vist a friend for a wek and father agreed to keep the children in there home during that time but now says that if not back early will call and have her charged with chilod abondment

A:  David's Answer:  No, as child abandonment would be a situation where the mother did NOT leave the children in the care of another parent, relative or family friend who agreed to temporarily care for them. That said, the mother's well-advised to confirm such arrangements i n writing from now on (and if she doesn't have it, obtain orders of sole custody & child support). Schedule a consult with a Dutchess/Westchester Family Law attorney for a full assessment.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment