Saturday, January 10, 2015

Family court sanctions

Q:  I am about to file an enforcement proceeding against the custodial parent. According to the order she is supposed to call me every day she has our child and allow me phone access. She is constantly missing days and has more or less told me she is not going to follow the order. What kind of sanctions is she looking at?

A:  David's Answer:  The Court may direct make-up time, may fine her, may direct counsel fees & in egregious situations may even consider a switch of custody. That said, the Judge would most likely only switch custody if there were many other factors in your favor. Schedule a consult with a Rockland/Westchester Family Law attorney for a full assessment.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment