Saturday, January 10, 2015

There isn't a set time for the mother to have visitation, mutual agreement. But mother just thinks that mean free for all...

Q:  My ex and I came to an agreement that I would have custody of my now 14 year old son , we agreed on this threw the courts. The ORDERED that the father shall have custody of the minor child; and it is further ORDERED that the mother shall have such visitation with the minor child as the parties may agree. I let my son visit his mother often normally when ever he would like to. But more recently she picks him up and drops him off when ever she feels like it. I normally give her a time I would like him to come home. She purposely brings him home hours late or even the next day. When the judge has asked her what she would like a far as visitation she said he was older and could decide for himself when he wants to see me. She didn't want set visitation.

Additional information

The other just says you'll get home when you get home. Am I allowed to call cops on her if he isn't home at the time that I request ?

A:  David's Answer:  I'd suggest that you write the mother and ask for to set a schedule. If you cannot agree on one, file a petition for modification & ask the Judge to set a schedule. Schedule a consult with an Orange/Westchester Family Law attorney for more info.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment