Friday, October 17, 2014

What can I do in reguards to the situation with my child?

Q:  I placed my teen on PINS about a yr and a half ago and the judge decided to place her in placement non-secure detention center for 12 months in temporary care of social services due to her non compliance she was a saftey issue. Recently,I have had an issue with the agency where she is residing at the supervisor told verbally me my child cannot come for home visits and i cant see her because legally i am married but not living with my spouse at this time (hes not the bilogical parent of my child but raised my child for well over a decade) because he has an old case convicted as a Jo/Yo which requires him to register but there are no stipulations. I dont know what to do

A:  David's Answer:  You'd need to file a petition for visitation & serve it on the Facility/agency. The Judge would then need to decide whether this is an issue or not. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Family Law attorney for a full assessment.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment