Friday, October 10, 2014

If after 3 years the court determines that I only have a 1% increase in income, and my ex waives the right to a 1% bump in

Q: child care, does that allow him to take me to court again next year to try to get a bigger increase -- or does he have to wait 3 more years (or for a 15% change in income or an unanticipated change in circumstances)?

A: David's Answer: As the order was not modified in any way (presumably), then yes, your ex can file a motion next year based on either a "substantial change of circumstances" and/or a "15% increase of income." - David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment