Are you saying the Judge switched custody after the child turned 14 - and against the child's stated preferences? If yes, there's plenty of caselaw supporting the "strong factor" a child preference would play at this age. That said, if the Judge already made a determination, your remedy may be an appeal - and even that assuming the decision/order was done 30 days ago (& thus you'd still be able to file a notice of appeal). Schedule a consult with a Westchester Family Law attorney for a full assessment. -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (