Wednesday, February 11, 2015

I took my ex to court to receive daily phone calls with our child. The order was signed but the 30 days are not up yet. The orde

Q:  Order include frequent telephone contact and my ex has already not allowed it. Can I take her back for a violation now or should I wait til the order is final

A:  David's Answer:  If the order was signed by the Judge, then it is final. I believe the "30 days" you're talking about is the time to appeal. That said, I'd advise to first send a default notice letter to the offending parent, stating the alleged violation & asking that they follow the order henceforth. If there's then another violation, file your petition. Schedule a consult with a Rockland/Westchester Family Law attorney for a full assessment.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment