Saturday, December 13, 2014

What form would it be? And whats the process For termination of parental rights based on abandonement?

Q:  I am trying to figure out what court forms i need to terminate my childrens fathers rights based on abandonment i have 4 children in common the ages are 15,14 and 12yr old twins he has had no contact with them for 11 years no child support no phone calls nothing my address and phone number has never changed.

A:  David's Answer:  There are no court forms to do so simply because it cannot be done outside of the context of an adoption proceeding. NY has a strong public policy against bastardizing children. To the degree adoption is a possibly, then I'd encourage you to call a Westchester Family Law attorney to schedule a consult.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment