Thursday, November 13, 2014

What are the rights of the Joint residential custodial parent?

Q: We have joint residential custody and are selling the house. I want to move closer to work and he says he will not agree to moving the children to another daycare no matter where I move because it is closer to him. Can this happen? In the divorce agreement we agreed to sell the house and I could move to a surrounding county (all listed). What happens in this instance and what decisions can I make with out his approval? He is making everything difficult because he is mad at me.

A: David's Answer: I'd suggest to first attempt mediation. If that fails - or if your agreement doesn't suggest utilizing same - then file a petition for permission to relocate. -- David Bliven, Westchester Family attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment