Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Can a county family court mandate an individual to take a course only offered outside of that county?

Question: If an individual is mandated into anger management but the specific course is located outside of that county court jurisdiction (ie a different county) what are the remedies if any?

David's Answer: The Court can certainly mandate the program itself - and if the only approved program is outside of the county you reside in, then you would indeed need to comply. Your alternative is to look for an approved course in the county where you reside. -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment