Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Do you still receive child support for a 18 year old that is no longer in school and isn't working?

Q: I know New York state you have to pay child support until the child is 21, but what if the child is no longer in school and in not currently employed. If the child does get a part time job will child support for that child stop ?

A: David's Answer: Yes, support is paid in NY until age 21 unless sooner emancipated. If the child isn't going to school & only employed part-time, then it's very unlikely the child would be considered emancipated. -- David Bliven, Westchester Family attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment