Friday, February 15, 2013

Marriage annulment

Q:  I am a legal resident here in NY currently applying for my American citizenship. About almost 3 months ago I married a man from Accra, Ghana. I want to end this marriage since I believe it is not going anywhere and also because I have been taking advantage financially by him. Could you please tell me what the procedures to follow?
I do not wish to travel back to Ghana so I wonder I can get this done here in the US.

A:  David's Answer:  Divorce/Annulment forms are available on the court's website if you wish to do it yourself: The basic step would be to file the case & assuming he's living in Ghana, but is consenting to the divorce, you can send a consent affidavit over to him to execute.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Divorce lawyer (

No comments:

Post a Comment