Monday, February 11, 2013

Help with criminal case and family court case.

Q:  I am being accuse with 2nd degree assault on criminal court from hitting my child with a belt as well as child abuse and neglect on family court. I am a single mother and going to school to become a nurse. I am afraid to have criminal record and lose custody of my child. I never had any criminal records.

A: David's Answer:  The thing to do is to consult both an experienced criminal law & Family Court attorney. Do not trust that someone can "handle both cases." Often times those attorneys are just try to "make a buck" & don't actually have adequate experience in both areas of law. Thus, I encourage you to call a White Plains Criminal Defense attorney & a White Plains Child Welfare defense attorney (some of whom can be found on the Avvo website).  -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Abuse/Neglect lawyer (

No comments:

Post a Comment