You'd frankly have a difficult case to get custody, as you'd generally need to prove the father has persistently neglected the children, or abandoned the children. You'd otherwise have the ability to enforce your visitation rights, however. That said, you should schedule a consult with a Putnum/Westchester Family Law attorney for a full assessment.   -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (