Saturday, June 22, 2013

I have been found wilful by a magistrte,she referred me to a judge in july to pay 6000. i entitled to a trial

Q:  before i can be incarcerated

A:  David's Answer:  No - your trial was that which occurred before the Magistrate. The Judge is now going to hold a "confirmation hearing" which is the equivalent of a sentencing hearing after one is found guilty in criminal court. You may certainly (via your lawyer) point out why you feel the magistrate "got it wrong" and/or update the Judge which documentary evidence of any change of your circumstance since the willfulness trial. In any event, if you're looking for a 2d opinion, schedule a consultation with a Westchester Family Law attorney.   -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment