Wednesday, November 13, 2013

In NY; how can I change my maiden last name (family name) although I'm married and using my husband's last name?

Q:  All I want to do is drop my family's name and have another last name as my maiden name - is this doable? Kindly advise, thank you!

A:  David's Answer:  You would need to amend your birth certificate. Contact the County Clerk's office in the county where your birth certificate is on file for the procedures necessary.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment